Revision as of 19:38, 24 April 2007; view current revision←Older revision
| Newer revision→
The Victoria Stadium we see today is not the original building, which was constructed in 1947 and inaugurated on 19th June 1949. By 1970, the Stadium had been completely rebuilt, to half the size that is there today - the old stands next to the petrol station and one football pitch. In 1975 the new stands and Sports Hall were built, and this was opened to the public in February 1976. More recently, in 1990, the first pitch and althletics track were laid with synthetic turf, followed by the second pitch in 1993.
Major redevelopment has since taken place with many new sporting facilities comming on-line.